Agape Employee Application
Agape Clean is a leader in the facility services industry and seeks Residential and Office Cleaning Technicians to become an integral part of our team and commercial growth in New York. Candidate must have a strong commitment to customer service, quality and be results driven. We pride ourselves on quality of service that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Compensation: $13.80 hour during initial training (2-4 weeks) then salary to commensurate with experience ($14.50 -$15.50 hr. range)
Location: Rochester, NY
Hours: Days, and / or Evenings, weekends
The Cleaning Technician is responsible for the cleaning within the assigned location to ensure a clean and sanitary environment for our clients. The Cleaning technician will keep premises of homes and office buildings or other commercial or institutional buildings in clean and orderly condition by performing the following job responsibilities.
Full Job Description
- Empty trash and recycling
- Dust, wipe and spot clean all surfaces
- Vacuum, mop and wet mop designated areas
- Clean entire restroom by utilizing disinfectants and bathroom cleaners, restock restroom supplies as needed, remove trash, clean fixtures, mirrors, and dispensers, sweep and/or wet mop floors
- Ensure all lights are on/off and appropriate doors are locked when leaving an area
- Keep closets clean, neat and orderly
- Alert to public safety and security concerns. Notifies responsible leadership and supports the outcome
- Performs work in a safe fashion, following company safety policy and procedures so as not to cause any loss or damage of clients property or loss or damage to Agape Clean equipment
- Follows the Agape Clean professional protocol of providing excellent service with positive customer relations
- Keeps accurate quality control records and performs quality control self inspections
- Arrive to all job sites on time and finish all assigned tasks
- As you may travel to different job sites and need to carry some supplies, a vehicle is required.
- A valid drivers license is required
- Extensive Background Check and DMV Check Required.
Education and Experience
· Demonstrated record of accomplishment, including at least 2+ years of work experience.
· Preferably experience with janitorial cleaning and facility maintenance and OSHA Compliance, but not necessary
Basic understanding of the English language including the ability to read job forms written in English
About Agape Clean
Founded in 2002, is a quality conscious, customer driven, service company offering cleaning services to office buildings, schools, colleges, health related facilities, industrial plants, shopping centers and clean room environments. You can be part of a winning team that truly values each person’s contribution.
Career advancement opportunity
Paid Training: Learn new job skills. Take pride in the quality service you’re giving clients.
Convenience: Bi-Weekly pay with direct deposit.
- Competitive Salary
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Incentive Program – earn gift certificates for a job well done. Choose from auto care, eye care, eating out, travel and more!
- Liberal Gas Allowance
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage
- Short Term Disability insurance Coverage
Agape Clean ensures safety and chemical-use training and all protocols prescribed by OSHA and the CDC are followed when we provide our cleaning teams with proper PPE (personal protective equipment) and utilizing EPA registered surface disinfectants.
Agape Clean is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work Location: within Monroe County
- Job Type: Part-time
- Pay: $13.80 – $15.50 per hour
- Benefits: Flexible schedule
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
- Work Location: Multiple Locations
No Vaccine required!
Can you make this Agape Cleaning Technicians promise to our client’s?
- I solemnly pledge that I will treat your home, business or school as if it’s reputation were my own. I will protect your reputation.
- I will complete all the tasks on the job list in a professional manner.
- I will strive to always improve my service to you my customer.
- I will work towards excellence in every aspect of what I do including my work performed, how I dress and present myself and how I interact with others.
- I will always strive to maintain excellent standards.
- I promise to do my best and treat my customers and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- I will not cheat my customers and will behave with integrity.
- I will take precautions not to cause disruptions, hassles or inconvenience to my customers.
Apply For Employment
Agape Employment FAQ
What is the work about?
You will be provided a check list for each job site. You will clean bathrooms, vacuum, mop, dust and remove trash.
How much do you earn for your work?
That depends on your work experience and job title. During your training (usually 2-3 weeks) you earn less. At your first interview we can tell you what your starting pay would be.
After I am trained what kind support will I have?
Once you are certified by your trainer you will be assigned an Account Manager. The Account Manager is the one to call if you have any questions about your job. On a regular basis (daily when you first start, then weekly) the Account Manager will meet up with you at your job site and give you any supplies you need; check your work and job check lists and make sure that you did not miss any assigned tasks.
How do I get paid?
Do I provide the cleaning supplies or do you?
Agape Clean or the client will provide all cleaning equipment, supplies and or personal protective equipment such as gloves.
Are there any opportunities for advancement?
Yes! We prefer to promote from within. Some of the steps up from a cleaning technician are:
- Carpet Cleaning Technician’s Helper
- Carpet Cleaning Technician
- Floor Care Technicians Helper
- Floor Care Technician
- Window Cleaning Technician
- Team Supervisor
- Shift Supervisor
- Account Manager
Do I collect payments from the clients?
For our commercial clients, our office staff is responsible for invoicing the clients.
Where is the work done?
We service facilities just about anywhere in Monroe County. We will make every effort to assign you to a job site that is close to your home. Once you are assigned to a job site, that becomes your job site. You might have more than one job site in a day. in any given week you would probably have more than one job site location.
Do I work alone or with a team?
How do I know my schedule?
Why do I need a vehicle?
Are there any benefits?
Yes, in fact we offer some unique benefits!
For employees that work at least 30 hours a week we offer:
- Holiday and vacation pay
All employees receive:
- Paid travel time
- Liberal gas allowance
- Employee Incentive Program in bonuses based upon your work performance!
- Paid training
- Free uniform shirts
- Cash contribution in our employee Vehicle Care Program
I already know how to clean, what is the training for?
Most of our cleaning technicians are surprised how detailed we are. We have high standards as we do not want any client complaints. We do that by having higher expectations than our clients.
Some of the topics included in the training are:
- Company policies
- Handling unusual occurrences
- Safety and loss prevention
- Safe use and handling of your equipment and supplies
- Science of cleaning
- Entering and exiting facilities
- The do’s and don’ts of cleaning
- Working together with your team supervisor
- Sexual Harassment